Keeping an eye on your car all the time is the best thing you can do. Although standard maintenance is designed to keep your BMW X5 running smoothly over time, some unforeseen breakdowns can add heavily to your annual motor vehicle budget. In this article we’re going to look at your sense of smell, and the clues it can give you about a possible breakdown, that’s why our team has written this article to help you in the event that you detect BMW X5 から発生する焦げたプラスチックの臭い . To help you check that it is nothing serious, first we will highlight the different things that can produce a burnt plastic smell on your motor vehicle, then, in a second step, how to locate the cause of this burnt plastic smell on your BMW X5? .
The different possible sources and risks of smell of burnt plastic on a BMW X5
だから私たちは記事を different possible sources of burnt plastic smell on a BMW X5 . Generally speaking, noticing a plastic or rubber smell is hardly ever a good signal. In truth, modern cars are full of it and it could be the sign of a major breakdown. Below we will review the different possible origins of burnt plastic smell:
- トランスミッションオイル: This is the most important possible source of such an odor. In truth, the objective of gear or transmission oil is to lubricate the different elements of your gearbox so that all the gears and pinions are not broken, it as well has a second objective as a temperature regulator. Nevertheless, with time, the oil will lose its effectiveness and will not lubricate the auto parts and control the temperature as well, which will cause the oil to overheat and thus give off that burnt plastic smell on your BMW X5. You risk pre-wearing your gearbox if you don’t take care of it.
- 付属ベルト： Although rarer, it is possible with wear and tear that your belt, which is mainly made of rubber, will deteriorate and no longer rotate totally on its axis. With the friction that this will cause the plastic will heat up and burn out, this reaction will generate a strong smell of burnt plastic or rubber in the engine unit block of your BMW X5.
- ホースの摩耗不良: This case happens especially on BMW X5 that are starting to get a few years old or that have stayed a long time without rolling. In fact, storing your car unlike what you might think will cause the plastic auto parts to wear out more quickly. Hoses are the first to be troubled by this phenomenon. The rubber will disintegrate little by little and with the rise in heat of the fluid that circulates in it, it may possibly melt. The risk of this issue is the breakage of the accessory belt.
- ボディ コンポーネント: Less general, especially present on BMW X5’s that have suffered a small shock. Following a front or rear impact, wheel arches, bumpers or other plastic body auto parts that may possibly have been bent may possibly rub against one of your wheels and give off that burnt plastic smell. This may as well pre-wear out your tyres.
How to find out where the smell of burning plastic originates from on a BMW X5?
そして今、私たちの記事を終えるために、私たちはあなたを助けようとします. locate the source of the smell of burnt plastic on your BMW X5 . Now that you know the different possible roots of this smell, we’ll just have to do some checks to eliminate the tracks that don’t concern you and solve your problem quickly. If your BMW X5 smells hot, don’t think twice to browse our article on this topic.
- Transmission oil: Nothing could be less complicated, open your transmission oil cap (when cold) and check that your oil is reddish in colour and fluid enough. If you discover debris inside, and it is darker, it’s time to change it. Do not think twice to consult our article to find out how to change the gearbox oil on a BMW X5.
- アクセサリー ベルト: アクセサリー ベルトの状態が悪いことを目で確認してください。 それを変更するために二度考えないでください。
- ホース: ホースについては、すべてのホースを視覚的にチェックして、ほつれや溶けているホースがないかどうかを確認する必要があります。 その場合は、変更してください。
- Body auto parts: Last but not least, the last element that can cause the smell of plastic or burnt rubber on your BMW X5, a body part, check all wheel arches, that no part rubs against
BMW X5 について他にご質問がある場合は、お気軽に BMW X5 カテゴリーにお問い合わせください。